Pakistan’s largest oil and gas exploration company, Oil and Gas Development Company (OGDC) has discovered hydrocarbons reserves in Sindh’s Ghotki and Khairpur districts. This has been stated in a communique sent to Pakistan Stock Exchange on Thursday.
According to the details the three discoveries – at Gundanwari-01, Mithri-01 and Khamiso-01 wells – would cumulatively add up to 29mmcfd gas and 15 barrels per day (bpd) of oil. It would increase OGDC’s earning by Rs0.40/share.
At Khamiso-01 in Ghotki, a joint venture of Guddu Block – comprising of stakes as OGDC as operator (70%, SEPL (13.5%), IPRTOC (11.5%) and GHPL (5%).
The structure of Khamiso-01 was drilled and tested by OGDC’s in-house expertise. The well was drilled down to the depth of 753 meters, which tested 2.95mmcfd of gas through 32/64-inch choke at wellhead flowing pressure of 505 PSI from Pirkoh Limestone formations.
At Gundanwari-01 in Khairpur district, where OGDC is an operator with 95% stake and Government Holdings (Pvt) Limited has remaining 5%, the well structure was delineated, drilled and tested. The well was drilled down to the depth of 3750 meters. It tested 19.40mmcfd of gas and 15bpd of Condensate through 32.64-inch choke at wellhead flowing pressure 3300 PSI from Lower Goru (Massive Sand) Formation.